Tuesday, May 11, 2010

peace at last

Your prayers are working...i am finally settled...i think because mom and dad called. i talked to my jimmy. mom and dad fixed my phone to work, i sure it will cost a lot but i will help them pay i am just glad to hear familiar voices. it is very beautiful, it is still really hard. after the 6 hour bus ride yesterday i got off on the wrong stop, and was lost for 2 hours but i found my way to my host family. it was so good to sleep. mom and dad and joe called me and made me cry but i sleep all night. i finally stomached a banana all there food is so different...it is definitly not mucho mexic, el tap, or my favorite taco belle not even close....i may go the volcano this weekend but it cost $165 american dollars so i am going to think about it. the beach is gorgeous...i dont know if the water is cold or not.
i hope to make friends today...
thanks momma and daddy and joe for calling i felt so much better
thanks everyone for your prayers
i love you all
jimmy it was amazing to hear your voice this morning....i felt much better...

ill post more as soon as i get the chance....good bye for now.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so happy! I am praying for you and remember we are here thinking about you and we love you! Peace be with you! Love, Jane F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad today is looking better! I usut know God has great stories to come out these days ahead...Think it is just 19 days:) You'll never live them again...so I am praying God gives you the strength for everyone of them to enjoy each moment. "His strength is perfect and grace sufficient!" 2 Corinthians 12:9
    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sis - glad to hear things are getting better... of course its not Mucho Mexico, or El Tap - you are in Costa Rica not Mexico silly - you didn't mistake a boat for the bus did you LOL. Just think by the time you get back Jeslyn will only be about a month away. Save the $165 and buy me something nice instead - you don't need to see a volcano - just watch the news & you can see the one that erupted a few weeks ago in Iceland.
    Love ya - Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. jeffrey-I will save it and buy something nice...if i can find a place to shop...i spend a LOT on the taxi because i KEEP getting lost...i also have an 8 mile walk to the school yikes...its so hot...i am so excited about being home and seeing austin and jeslyn. i miss everyone so bad....but i am not as sad i was because i got to talk to mom and dad and joe and JIMMY! 18 days and i can see my little austin i am so excited. i still wish the food was like mucho mexico...that is soo yummy...they eat IGANA here....it supposely taste like chicken yikess..love you brother...
    Larissa- thank you so very much...keep praying and keep the verses coming they help...God has comforted me so very much, if I didn´t have God I dont know how I would do this...
    Jane- thank you so much...I am going to need a strawberry cake when i get home PLEASE!! and tell mamaz to make me some dirt cake because i REALLY need it...and some cesear salad...o how i miss the brantley food...so much. I am going to need some fatting up when i get home...
    Thanks everyone & I love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good remember the key word was buy something for me LOL Jane I don't need a special occassion for strawberry cake - you can make me one anytime -tomorrw sounds good :)

    Love you Sis...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jamie Laura! Glad to hear things are getting better. I am sure you will enjoy each day more. Love Ya! Keeping you in my prayers!
    Wanda Humphrey

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that you're doing better. I know that your trip will get better and better. Looking forward to your return trip. Stsy safe and keep your eyes on God.

    Love yas,
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Joe & Jeffrey...you better not eat all my cake!!!
    Hey Wanda!! I miss you so much!! I have not seen you in forever...When I get home me and jimmy will have to make a trip to see you and give you a big hug...
    Love you all

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!