Yesterday was my long travel back to Heredia. I was so bus sick. I woke up not feeling well and I couldn’t eat hardly any breakfast. My host family dropped me off at 8:45 at the hotel where my bus was going to pick me up. I waited in the scorching hot sun until 9:20, the bust finally came. I think I mentioned before there were NO SPEED LIMITS well my bus took advantage of it. We went around mountains going at LEAST 80-85, I was so bus sick. Finally we reached a place where we switched buses. This place was neat. I saw about 30 parrots, the just flew over me I could have grabbed it, if I was brave and fast enough. There were also 3 monkeys, asleep in the trees, but so fascinating. My trip would not have been complete without seeing those monkeys & parrots, what is costa rica without seeing exotic animals? The bus ride to the airport was WORSE, then I got a taxi, he wasn’t too good of a driver either. He drove the WRONG way down an ONEWAY street. Scared for my life!! But I keep praying. God takes such good care of his children. My trip only took about 5 hours total, which I was relieved my trip from Heredia to Samara was about 7 hours total. I was shocked it was so fast, then I remembered the speed and was like O yea! Shouldn’t have shocked me that it was so fast. I finished Eclipse Saturday night, and began The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks Sunday on my bus trip. I finished it before I feel asleep, now I have nothing to read and pass time . It is not one of his best books, but its sweet and simple, it is a quick read obviously. It is still good and keeps my mind of things. My host family here is really nice. They are about the age of my grandparents, the husband walks with a cane. The son is about the age of my oldest brother. I have only met one of his children, I am not sure he has another, but I know my host mom has two grandchildren. I met Sebastian, which made me think of The Little Mermaid, and it made me smile. Tristan and Sebastian are about the same age. Sebastian is stockier than Tristan though. My house is a lot cleaner, NO BUGS! My room is smaller, but the bathroom is bigger and HAS WARM water. The sun heats it up and it felt so nice to have a warm shower. Today is my first day of classes in the city. I am sure it will be similar to Samara. The campus isn’t as pretty though. It is smaller and SQUISHED together and does NOT have a good view. But that is okay, ONLY 5 days left. I can make it. The school has like 100s of people. It’s was way too big for me. I feel crowded always, but I only have 4 days of classes left so I can handle. Unlike Samara I have classes ever morning, 8:30- 12:30 my time, NC time 10:30-2:30. I have to keep reminding myself I only have 4 days left in the BUSY city and then I head home and TRAVEL ALL DAY. I really only have 3 days of classes, then I take an exam and graduation. I am so nervous about graduation now because there are so many people, and I HATE talking in front of crowds, especially when I DON’T speak the LANGUAGE well. UGH! But these people well never see me again so O well. Haha!
5 more days: and I GET TO EAT DIRT CAKE STRAWBERRY CAKE CHOCOLATE PIE STEAK && PREZELS yes! And chick-fil-a
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!!