Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mas o menos

Today is much better, I still miss home o so very much but I'm use to missing it. I still feel a little uncomfortable here, and by the time I finally get comfortable it will be time to head to Heredia. I am not sure if I will get comfortable there or not. I really like Samara much better then Heredia. If I ever get the chance to come back it would be Samara and I would see the volcano and rain forest. Not enough people signed up that so I cannot do it unfortunately but that is okay. I will go shopping instead, maybe. :)
I am done with classes for the day, yes I am glad but also sad because my host family is not home so I am staying at the school because at least people are around. I don't really like being alone but it is okay because it gives me time to seek God and get even closer to him. I am probably going to go sit on the beach soon. After I catch up on emails and my blog. I have learned a lot of Spanish. I wish
I had kept more of what I learned in High School, Ms. Carter taught me so much and it is slowly coming back the more I am here. Classes and everyone is totally in Spanish so I am forced repetition and that helps me a lot.
I have learned when I start teaching that is so important that I remember at school my students are like foreigner, like I am here. They don't know the material that I am teaching and they don't always understand what I am saying; it is my job and duty to show them and teach them so they don't feel lost and alone. If I remember this when I teach then Costa Rica is worth it, if I can teach knowing this I am going to be an awesome teacher, and God will shine through me and show my students a whole lot.
I am a little worried about my phone bill, I try not to talk long but when I am sad Momma and Daddy pray for me and I feel better and Jimmy says, "cheer up little one, I will be holding you soon" and hearing the people I love most helps me feel better. I will work all summer if I have to so Momma and Daddy don't have to pay all of it. I hope to pay majority of it for them, because without them doing that for me I would probably still be crying my little eyes out.
Classes are fun so far we have played games like, charades, bingo, match game, hangman, and others to help us learn verbs, numbers, colors, and other things. I can so take this back to my classroom. Interactive learning is the best way to learn I think.
Also to get an extra credit I have to keep a journal in Spanish this really helps me learn too. It started in English which is okay, yesterday it was half in Spanish and by the weekend it all will be in Spanish.
Today was a whole lot better than Sunday, only a little better than yesterday. I have not cried yet today, I watered up, but not cried yet...go me...maybe I can keep being strong but only with your prayers and God's help.
To everyone who has been reading and praying, Thank you so much for caring about me enough to take the time and read this and pray hard for me, thank you for your words of encouragement and the bible verse...the verses help more than anyone knows.
I love you all so very much.
-JL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!!