Today is my last SATURDAY!!! && Next week at this time I will be flying home, YES!! That makes me very happy. Last night was a long night. I got sick, my tummy still hurts. I have to pack tonight. UGH! && I have long long bus ride that I am dreading. Please pray tomorrow it is very very important!!
I made another 89 on my exam yesterday. That’s all I can seem to do. I only missed 3 questions, one was careless, the other I just forgot one part of the sentence. Geez! My grades really don’t matter here though, because either way you progress to the next level, you next go down. So I will be in Spanish 3 on Monday in Heredia. My grades don’t really matter too much back at Meredith either, because my grade here doesn’t transfer into my GPA, although a B wouldn’t hurt my GPA. You have make a “C” or better to receive credit for your course. I will receive 3 credits for Intercultura, sorta of a credit each week. Also I have to keep a journal in Spanish, about a page a day, for the Spanish director at Meredith. If I do this he will review it and then he will give me one credit. It’s like family and culture foreign language credit, it is pretty easy. I hope I have wrote enough. Some days I write less and some days I know my grammar is so bad. But I am trying. I understand a lot more Spanish then I did before I came. I can read it pretty well, but I do not speak it will, PRONOUCIATION is getting, surprise? Not for anyone that knows me well, my flat high pitched country voice doesn’t even pronounce English words too well. I can see it in my head and I know how they say the letter, I just can’t get it out through my voice. If someone says it first I can do it. It almost makes me think I have a learning difference, because I also struggle with carrying the tune of a song, but I hear it in my head I just cannot get it out, hmmm…..i just put my psychology soon be degree to use haha. Mom & Dad and all daddy’s side is at the beach for Williams wedding, and Jeffrey and Jennifer at the beach, the couple Jimmy & I hang with are at the beach almost everyone is at the beach this weekend. I am here too, but we are looking at different oceans. I am at the Pacific and they all are at Atlantic. There was an earthquake on Thursday one city away from where I am. Well actually it was Friday at 4am. I didn’t feel it because I was asleep, but from I can understand from everyone it was pretty big. Yikes! But I am in God’s hand so I have no need to fear he will protect me forever and ever. Next Friday is graduation as they call it and we have to say a mini speech in Spanish, mine will be “A mi me agradan mis profesoras mucho. Me clases está muy divierta y yo aprendo mucho. Muchas Gracias” And that is all. Haha! I am not much for words around people I don’t know well, and I will have only been Heredia one week, so yea. I also don’t like public speaking in front of people the same age as me, I don’t mind teaching/ talking in front middle school, elementary, preschool, or high school… It is just my peers that get me. For those of you who know me well, it is hard to imagine me shy, huh?
I am almost finished with the 3rd Twilight book, Eclipse It is really good. I only have 2 chapters left, which I am going to finish tonight. I recently found out the author is writing Twilight from Edward’s perspective, it is going to be really long. I am excited because she posted the first chapter on the internet and it is really interesting. After Eclipse I only have one book left here, The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. I am going to buy Breaking Dawn at the airport Saturday so I have something to read on the plane. =]
*7 days until I come home.* I am so excited I want to eat so many things that I miss. I have a bunch of cravings like CHOCOLATE covered STRAWBERRIES & BANNANS, A PRETZEL (from the Rocky Mount Mall), Mac & Cheese, Kabobs, Friendship bread, CHOCOLATE PIE, DIRT CAKE, STRAWBERRY CAKE. Soooooooooooooooooooooo much! Yea, I know I am a fatty, but I cannot help it.
Thank you all so much for praying for me don’t stop. I really need God more every day. And my family needs him too, because my phone bill is soooooooooooooo high. So pray for us to find ways to pay it. God provides us with everything we need so I know he will provide us with the fiancés.
OOO I forgot to you what you missed from yesterday my room flooded Thursday night. It was to my ankles. Yikes the whole house I was in flooded. There were 5 lizards in my room ugh! They were all big, but one baby one. They are almost white green, I don’t like them, well I didn’t last night, I was scared they would bite me. But I was told that they eat the bugs so that’s a good thing. I guess. They are really loud. The sound like a pig mixed with a cricket haha. Great explanation huh?
Well I have written you a whol lot so I will stop writing for today. The next time you will hear from will be either Monday or Tuesday probably. Crossing my fingers that it will be sooner rather than later. This week flew by thank goodness, let’s hope next week does too. I am going to miss my family here I really like them they are so nice. (not enough to want to stay longer though.) Pray my Heredia family is nice. I leave a 9 am tomorrow for San Jose, 11 your time. I will get to the airport between 3-4 (5-6 your time) and then I have a 15-30 minute taxi ride to Heredia. So I will be safe about 6-7 your time. PRAY hard.
& pray I can get a taxi heehee. I am not sure I will be good at it. But I will praying the whole time.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!!