Everyday gets a little easier, because I know I am one day closer to home and if I have made it 3 days I can certainly make it 17 more (6 sets of 3 is what I tell myself). Don’t get me wrong here, my host family is much nicer here and I like them a lot. The classes are fun and interactive; they keep my mind from missing home. I love the beach it is gorgeous. The whole country is beautiful. San Jose reminds me of New York, and Heredia reminds me of China town in New York, and Samara is paradise it’s like Siesta Keys, Florida. I wish I wasn’t going to Heredia my last week but if I do its cheaper for one, and for two I won’t miss my last day of class, especially since I missed my first day of class. I am sure I will get through this though. I know I will a be better stronger person because I overcame this. IT is sooo hot here but very pretty!! You wanna something funny, I learned they BBQ Iguana here, but it is illegal. They supposedly taste like chicken and the locals commonly do this, and I probably won’t even KNOW!! I ran into a huge iguana yesterday, I almost peed in my short it scared me so bad haha…. I don’t have class until 1-5 (3 America time and I get out 7 American time). I am about to go sit on the beach soon and just read and try to keep my mind busy by praying and reading. God has helped me so much by showing little signs that he was here for me always. My family cooked me French fries last night, they knew I missed home so much. They are so much nicer than my first home. I like them a lot. They are easy to talk to, well easy isn’t the word because it takes a while. My host sister is 14 and is learning English and I helped her last night too. She helped me as well by asking me what certain things were in espanol. I tried hard. I still miss home, but I know God wants me to do this so I am. God promises to never give us more than we can handle. The best part was flying and seeing what God sees every day (except he sees clearer and more) it was amazing; God did an amazing job creating what he did and Costa Rica is like a paradise at Samara!! It’s so beautiful…there are stray DOGS EVERYWHERE, as a matter of fact I am looking out the window and I see a dog missing an eye. There are so many roosters and they are very loud in the morning. Oh you can throw toilet paper in the toilet, how strange to us, not to them, you have to throw it in the waste basket. There is no hot water, my showers take like 5 minutes max, when I get home I am taking a nice long HOT bath…cannot wait. I miss everyone so much. I paid $10 to get internet for 2 weeks on my laptop, but its only at the school, I can stay here until 10pm (12 am at home, but I am not crazy about walking in the dark, so I will probably leave here around 6ish or 7ish each day.) I think they close early on Fridays so I probably won’t get to be here long, but I will sit on the beach and maybe and type…then I will be able to have it longer. One last not so good thing there are MANY HUGE BUGS...but its okay I GOT DEET OFF :)
I am a little worried about the weekends, I haven’t had a weekend here yet, I hope I can stay busy!! But I won’t have school :’( So I am worried about that because it will be here in 2 days!!! But the sooner the weekend comes the sooner I am home. I hope I do somethin
PLEASE DO NOT STOP PRAYING!! I LOVE YOU ALL BIG!
One day closer!!
**********************17 DAYS*******************************
Praise the Lord for DEET OFF!!! Sounds like you went prepared:)
ReplyDeleteEat some BBQ Iguana for me!
Yay! You're sounding much more like your self in this post :) I'm so glad that you're finding ways to see God's Glory in your journey. Keep us posted. ~Dr.D.
ReplyDeleteDr. D you know
ReplyDeleteI will keep you posted!!
Larissa- I am going to try and avoid BBQ Iguana...i am glad i went prepared too