I was surprised that viewing was a part of the 6 language arts, I would have never guessed that. It was neat to learn that there were 3 types of listening . I feel that viewing and visually representing are important to the 6 language arts, especially after reading their descriptions. By adding this, of course we as educators are condoning the digital and media influences on children's lives but digital and media is going to influence children regardless; so why not use digital and media in a positive and learning manner.
I have experienced with all of the language arts personally when I was in school, but what stands out the most is visually representing. In most of my language arts classes in middle and high school after completing a novel we would have to do art projects that visually represent what we read or what we got from what we were reading. I have always had a strong passion for language arts learning and it grows stronger every day with the more I learn about it. I expect it to always be the same too, because knowledge on this subjects makes the fire of passion for language arts burn stronger.
I really enjoyed Sahara Special, it was so realistic. I could see this happening in any school in fact I am sure it has happened in every school. I feel that I could learn a lot about becoming a future educator from this book, and I know hearing this from a child's perspective will make me an even better teacher. I feel that Sahara is going to hold back for a while but in the end come out a conquer and show her teachers and guidance director that she can succeed and she is not a special education student.
What was your initial reaction to Sahara Special? Can you relate to this story so far? Any predictions for what is to come?
Good analysis of the six language arts. Interesting that your experiences allowed you to have visually representing choices as this is not the case with many students. Kudos to your teachers for recognizing that element and allowing students an alternate response to literature.
ReplyDelete